new standard for effects pedal lovers seeking the ultimate control and tonal transparency.
G3 marks a new standard in pedalboard effects control. Built on the legacy of our award winning G2, G3 delivers the ultimate in signal path purity with possibilities never before seen in a pedalboard switcher.
Hear your effects as they were designed to sound, unencumbered by compromises inherent in a standard pedalboard setup.
We designed G3 from the ground up, obsessively testing and retesting every aspect of its design to ensure we delivered the most robust, fully featured, tonally transparent switching system in the world. We compromised on nothing.
G3 is an expression of our passion to make something the best it can possibly be.
G3 Key Features
- 99 Banks with up to 28 Pre-sets per Bank
- Programable Pre Effects Loop Buffer/Boost
- Programable Post Effects Loop True Stereo VCA Amplifier
- 12 x True-Bypass passive mono effects loop which can paired for up to 6 x stereo effects
- Fully movable loops - Reorganize your entire signal chain, Per Pre-set, in seconds
- 2 x Programable Outputs one of which is transformer isolated and phase reversible to eliminate earth loops and phase problems when using two amps
- Built in Parallel and Wet/Dry configuration
- Send up to 15 x programable mappable PC/CC MIDI Messages per pre-set
- 2 x Expression pedal inputs capable of controlling the onboard pre and post effect loop amplifiers as well as sending multiple MIDI CC messages, each with separate heel/toe values
- Program Reverb and Delay Trails/Spillover from any loop or combination of loops
- Simple intuitive programming via easily navigated built in menu system
- Ultra clean signal path to ensure your guitar signal is as pure as possible
- Bluetooth enabled - *Connect to G3 iOS app to update software, backup pre-sets, and edit song lists
- High Resolution Ultra-Bright TFT LCD screen displaying Bank, Pre-set Number /Name and Pre/Post Gain levels and menu system (Brightness Adjustable)
- Black anodized aluminum chassis – Light weight and hard wearing
- Water resistant/ splash proof overlay with quick select, tactile embossed membrane switches
- 14 x GigRig 'Optokick' Optical Footswitches - Designed by The GigRig, our footswitches use light instead of mechanics to do the foot switching and are milled from stainless steel, making them more robust than their mechanical alternatives. We believe these are the most reliable foot switches in the world.
- FREE GigRig Generator Power Supply - The Heart of our Modular Power Supply range, with US Mains lead included as standard.
- Physical size: 44cm x 13cm x 7.8cm / 17.3" x 5.1" x 3.07"
- Screen size: Approximately 5 x 3.8cm / 1.96"x 1.5"
- Power Requirements: 9V DC (2.1mm center neg) @ 650mA.We recommend the use of The GigRig Generator power supply supplied with The G3 Switching System. (Strymon Zuma, True Tone 1-Spot and Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 have been tested to power G3 sufficiently).
- Weight: 2.4 kgs / 5.29 lbs
21 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Gig Rig 3
Great product, and spectacular service. I had issues with MIDI not connecting properly to my amp. They went above & beyond to troubleshoot. Feels like the same treatment they would give a well known star musician.
Best switcher on the market. Big TPS fan and the videos are fantastic. Thank you for all you do. Keep up the great work. Your success is well deserved.
I feel very grateful to have the opportunity to own the G3. It is so clearly crafted with passion by a great company led by an amazing contributor to the music community. I look forward to all of the creative, joyful moments this will help bring as the heartbeat of my rig. Thank you, and well done Dan and Gigrig!
It's amazing. G3 allows me to explore sounds in ways I never thought possible.
I previously had a very high quality switcher from another manufacturer, but I was limited in how I could set up my ideal wet/dry rig. With the G3, I am able to switch which amp is wet and which is dry on the fly. I also noticed a significant decrease in signal noise using G3. Great product that I cannot recommend enough. I like it so much that I may put together a smaller board and get an atom!
WOWOWOWOW. So many things to say. First - the company. The customer service is among the best I've encountered. Jake emailed back and forth with me for 6 months prior to purchase, and always responded immediately and was willing to answer all my questions, no matter how complicated or ridiculous they might have been! Super down to earth and fantastic to work with. Next, my G3 was actually LOST BY FEDEX. The customer service team didn't hesitate to put me on the next available list for shipping a replacement, and it was only a matter of a couple of weeks. Just awesome, exactly how it should be!! Lastly, the actual unit. MON DIEU. Having spent the better part of a year researching and programming my various effects, I was dying to get some presets dialed in...I don't think it could've been easier. I had my wiring diagrams and MIDI info for all my settings already laid out, so I just plugged in the G3, nothing else, and got to work. I spent about 2 hours designing and copying presets without even using the manual, it's that self explanatory. I wired up 5 pedals just to see if some of the presets worked... EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT. I became so excited that I actually got everything working I spent another 2 hours designing presets. The sound quality from the G3 is also INCREDIBLE. It's the best I've ever gotten my gear to sound, hands down. I haven't even gotten to the app/Bluetooth/song and set list stuff yet. I went to bed thinking about it. I woke up thinking about it. My wife is mad because I start to glaze over in conversation as I imagine all the things I can get my settings to do...Is it expensive? YES. In my experience, you get what you pay for, and the build quality, functionality and overall design is SOOOOOOOO outrageously good, it's worth it. It's actually worth more than what they charge. I gladly hand my money over to support this company and their amazing team of people. Just so blown away. I have fallen more in love with making music, which I didn't think was possible. THANK YOU!!!!
Everything promised and more!
It is an amazing product... super easy to use. You can tell the difference in tone as soon as you plug it. Words can't describe how good it is. If you are looking for a switched, look no further.
What an incredible addition to my pedal board. The ease of use and noticeable sound quality can be heard immediately upon first playing through your pedal board. Solid construction and visible controls make it easy to navigate. Looking forward to explore its functionality even further. Great job Gigrig!
G3 Switching System
I can’t review at this time, because I’m waiting for the pedalboard from Schmidt Array to arrive before I use the switcher. However, I will say that the service has been excellent! I look forward to doing a complete review in the future. Thanks, Allen