A new standard for effects pedal lovers seeking the ultimate control and tonal transparency.
G3 marks a new standard in pedalboard effects control. Built on the legacy of our award winning G2, G3 delivers the ultimate in signal path purity with possibilities never before seen in a pedalboard switcher.
Hear your effects as they were designed to sound, unencumbered by compromises inherent in a standard pedalboard setup.
We designed G3 from the ground up, obsessively testing and retesting every aspect of its design to ensure we delivered the most robust, fully featured, tonally transparent switching system in the world. We compromised on nothing.
G3 is an expression of our passion to make something the best it can possibly be.
G3 Key Features
- 99 Banks with up to 28 Pre-sets per Bank
- Programable Pre Effects Loop Buffer/Boost
- Programable Post Effects Loop True Stereo VCA Amplifier
- 12 x True-Bypass passive mono effects loop which can paired for up to 6 x stereo effects
- Fully movable loops - Reorganize your entire signal chain, Per Pre-set, in seconds
- 2 x Programable Outputs one of which is transformer isolated and phase reversible to eliminate earth loops and phase problems when using two amps
- Built in Parallel and Wet/Dry configuration
- Send up to 15 x programable mappable PC/CC MIDI Messages per pre-set
- 2 x Expression pedal inputs capable of controlling the onboard pre and post effect loop amplifiers as well as sending multiple MIDI CC messages, each with separate heel/toe values
- Program Reverb and Delay Trails/Spillover from any loop or combination of loops
- Simple intuitive programming via easily navigated built in menu system
- Ultra clean signal path to ensure your guitar signal is as pure as possible
- Bluetooth enabled - *Connect to G3 iOS app to update software, backup pre-sets, and edit song lists
- High Resolution Ultra-Bright TFT LCD screen displaying Bank, Pre-set Number /Name and Pre/Post Gain levels and menu system (Brightness Adjustable)
- Black anodized aluminum chassis – Light weight and hard wearing
- Water resistant/ splash proof overlay with quick select, tactile embossed membrane switches
- 14 x GigRig 'Optokick' Optical Footswitches - Designed by The GigRig, our footswitches use light instead of mechanics to do the foot switching and are milled from stainless steel, making them more robust than their mechanical alternatives. We believe these are the most reliable foot switches in the world.
- FREE GigRig Generator Power Supply - The Heart of our Modular Power Supply range, with US Mains lead included as standard.
- Physical size: 44cm x 13cm x 7.8cm / 17.3" x 5.1" x 3.07"
- Screen size: Approximately 5 x 3.8cm / 1.96"x 1.5"
- Power Requirements: 9V DC (2.1mm center neg) @ 650mA.We recommend the use of The GigRig Generator power supply supplied with The G3 Switching System. (Strymon Zuma, True Tone 1-Spot and Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 have been tested to power G3 sufficiently).
- Weight: 2.4 kgs / 5.29 lbs
9 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Where has this been my entire life? Everything was meaningless until the day G3 arrived. I'm taller, I smell better, and I sleep more soundly now. This is by far the most brilliantly designed switcher I've ever seen, and perhaps even my favorite piece of kit, of any kind, ever, this week. It is an exceptionally uncommon feat of engineering to produce something simultaneously so feature-rich and so astoundingly intuitive to use. I'll also echo the refrain we've all heard a million times about all of Dan's kit: even my dry signal sounds better. Not snake-oil-better, not maybe-if-you-A/B-and-use-an-oscilloscope-better, but so-obviously-better-that-my-non-guitarist-wife-immediately-says-"wow-that-sounds-better" better. Clearly there is some wicked devilry involved, so sage your home thoroughly after G3's arrival.
If you've made it to the point where you are reading reviews then I'm assuming you've done the necessary research via YouTube and The Gig Rig's website. Just buy it. I did, and it's nothing short of fucking tremendous! It's worth the money, wait time, and peace of mind that you can utilize your effects to create a studio quality sound on the fly in a live setting without having to go into a wild stomping fit. It makes my life easier, and I'm assuming it will make your life easier too once you stop reading my review and pull the trigger. Do it. Stop reading this and literally go put the G3 in your cart and buy it immediately!
I was so excited when I heard the G3 was being released. I love my G2 and the G3 has more loops and more, ... other stuff. I preordered mine as soon as the release video dropped in November 2020. I'm disappointed with the G3 though. The thing that made the G2 sooooo amazing was its simplicity, especially with respect to midi control for my Strymon boxes. If I wanted to change my Big Sky patch for G2's footswitch 1 for example, all I had to do was select footswitch (1), make desired sound changes and hit save on the Big Sky and voila! Footswitch 1 on G2 automatically sends the midi change to the Big Sky for the newly saved patch. No fiddling with menus, midi channels, etc. It works perfectly. Having a Big Sky and a Timeline, I can make changes to both, hit save on both, and both change with the corresponding footswitch - no programming! With the G3 you can't do that anymore. If you want G3 to change your midi devices, you have to go into the menu system and specifically select the midi changes you want to send rather than just change them on the midi device and hit save. I spent hours trying to figure out how to make this work on G3 (documentation isn't very clear for someone coming from the simplicity of G2) before I finally broke down and scheduled a support call with someone in the UK. To be fair, the support guy was amazing! It would be very helpful if Dan would create a video to walk through the process of midi changes step-by-step using an actual midi pedal. Having a reproducible example might allow me to retain the knowledge needed to more quickly implement changes. I haven't used my G3 in months because of (1) The pain of making changes via a menu system, and (2) Not remembering how to make said changes without trial and error. My motivation to use it is swamped by the time cost of making simple program changes for midi boxes. NOTE: If you run multiple midi devices and want to control every detail of each, you might actually prefer G3 to G2. I gave the G3 4-stars because it still has amazing switching features and is a high-quality unit like the G2. I think that what I really want is another G2 with the additional loops provided by the G3.
This was the greatest investment I have ever made in my musical gear. For something that doesn't make a sound, it has changed my world. The G3 has improved my ability to switch between effects with ease. It is very easy to use and despite a couple of quirks when getting started it has been extremely simple. I would highly recommend this switcher to anyone.
Outstanding Product! I've owned a G2 for several years now and and have been extremely satisfied with it. The G3 picks up where the G2 left off. Super intuitive, easy to use and everything a switcher should be. Well made and just a joy to use! Thanks to Dan and the team at The Gig Rig!
G3 is my first experience with the GigRig products. I have been a fan since G2 first came out, but didn't put the effort in to save for it until the G3 came along with all the updates that G2 needed. It is very solid and well built. I expect it to handle all kinds of foot stomping abuse. The interface is super simple and I love that it saves all settings automatically. The routing capabilities and midi are great. Absolutely necessary and much appreciated is the Phase control for output 2. You can't do two amps mono or stereo without it (you could get away with wet/dry without it). Thanks to Daniel and the team for making such an incredible product. Time to order some Isolators and Distributors!
This being my first experience with a loop switcher I can only say that the G3 provides quite the welcome. The presets are extremely easy to set, the UI is very intuitive, all this on top of a machine that functions absolutely perfectly right out of the box. The crew working support is prompt and professional and they were quite proactive on the Facebook group in letting everyone know of possible issues and how to fix them before they caused trouble. I would have absolutely no reservations in recommending this to any fellow guitarist and pedal aficionado.
Let’s be honest. The Legend Daniel Steinhardt is behind this machine. Its epic. Don’t hesitate.